HDTV is all of the rage nowadays, but very few people really know what HDTV is. Here's a FAQ that answers the most common HDTV questions.
What is HDTV?
HDTV (high definition TV) is a television broadcast medium that uses digital technology to produce super-sharp images. HDTV is broadcast in widescreen format and Dolby Digital audio producing a lifelike picture and CD top quality sound.
What are the advantages of HDTV?
The benefits of HDTV are:
* Lifelike picture - HDTV images are twice as sharp as standard analog TV.
* A lot more colorful images - HDTV images look far more realistic than analog TV.
* Three-dimensional sound - HDTV is broadcast in Dolby Digital surround sound.
* Movie theater picture - HDTV is broadcast in a 16:9 aspect ratio just like a move screen.
* Much less interference - HDTV signals do not produce snow, lines, or ghosting.
What equipment do I need to get HDTV?
So that you can receive HDTV you want an HDTV compatible television and an HDTV antenna or satellite TV dish.
Where do I get HDTV equipment?
It is possible to purchase tube, plasma, or LCD HDTV televisions by way of your local electronics store or discount store, or it is possible to acquire them online through several discount retailers. HDTV antennas are also offered via these retailers.
Satellite dishes and HDTV receivers are accessible by means of DISH Network, DIRECTV, and Sky Angel. DISH Network and DIRECTV will give you a totally free dish along with a totally free HDTV receiver whenever you subscribe to their satellite TV service (click on the links below for far more information).